December Beauty Review - Sensible Stylista

December Beauty Review


1.  The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter ($20) - I've been obsessed with moisturizers as of late so I thought I'd give this body butter a try especially since it was on sale when I bought it!  I'm a huge fan of rich, super luxe lotions so this body butter totes tickled my fancy.  I definitely don't slather it all over though.  Not because I don't want to, but because I want to save as much as possible.  I only use it on super rough areas like my knees and elbows.  Oh, and it also smells amazing!  
2.  Lashem Extensions in a Bottle ($30) - This mascara supposedly lengthens your lashes in two steps.  The bonding fibers and primer in these brush-on extensions attach to your lashes to create a fuller look, and the volumizing mascara formula contains lash enhancing serum, promoting stronger lashes through continued use. That all sounds great and all, but I had some issues with smudging and clumping.  I also didn't see a difference in length?  I don't know - maybe you'll have a better experience with it.  I personally wouldn't dish out $30 for this *shrugs*
3.  Ahava Caressing Body Sorbet ($26.50) - Hm, I have mixed feelings about this lotion.  It smells like heaven and absorbs quickly, but it's overpriced IMO.  If you have extra moolah to spend try this product out for yourself, but Aveeno will get the job done just as well.
 4.  Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara ($20) - Got this mascara on Black Friday for $10 *pumps fist* Excited I got to try it because I would've regretted spending $20 on it, haha.  It's decent at best. Biggest issue? Excess mascara on the wand.  It cakes on like no other and ends up smudging and clumping.  It's also a really wet formula so you'll have a "fun" time removing from your upper lid if you mess up.  Oh boy!

...yeah, today's beauty review wasn't very positive, ha.  I apologize! I promise to find BOMB products for y'all next time!  How about you guys though.  Have you tried any AMAZING beauty/makeup products this month?

3 comments

  1. well mascara looked amazing but smudging , not fair
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to read about the less than great products too! I'm definitely interested in the Body Shop cream though!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete